Biennial gathering of alumni and friends of
Silliman University in North America
Come and experience Tipon under the midnight sun.
Join in the celebration of SUACONA's 10th Year Anniversary!
About TIPON SILLIMAN 2011
Date: June 17 to 21, 2011
Venue: Fairbanks, Alaska (Westmark Hotel)
Hosted by: SUAA - Alaska Chapter
Sponsored by: SUACONA
Theme: SUACONA—Celebrating a decade of growth and Christian stewardship
- Foster collaboration, solidarity and unity of purpose among existing alumni associations through interfacing and networking.
- Provide a forum for raising and addressing issues pertaining to our home institution.
- Nurture the relationships among alumni associations.
- Strengthen the organizational structure of SUACONA.
What to expect
- Fellowship with fellow Sillimanians
- Enjoy the Discovery Riverboat Cruise on the Tanana with family and friends
- Pan for gold – guaranteed you will get some gold nuggets
- Picnic at Pioneer Park with “All you can eat Salmon and King Crab”
- Watch a doubleheader baseball game under the midnight sun played entirely without artificial lighting
- Experience gathering wild flowers for our Gala Night centerpieces and commune with nature
- Enjoy playing a round of golf in a course designed by Arnold Palmer.
- or participate in the 10K Midnight Sun Run ....
How to get there
By Air: There are several airlines serving Alaska. You can land directly to Fairbanks International Airport (FAI). You can also land in Anchorage (at the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport - ANC) and travel by car, bus or train to Fairbanks.
By Cruise Ship: There are cruises before and after Tipon 2011, which you can board in Vancouver, British Columbia and disembark in an Alaskan port of call, and then drive on to Fairbanks. One cruise example is the Radiance of the Seas (Royal Caribbean).
Whatever you choose, please make sure to book your travel early, as prices go up as the event date nears.
Tipon Silliman 2011 will be held at the Westmark Hotel, 813 Noble Street, Fairbanks, Alaska 99701-4977. You can make your reservations by calling (907) 456-7722 or through their website.
A block of rooms has been reserved for Tipon Silliman 2011. To avail of the discounted rates, be sure to mention:
Group Code: SUTI061711
Meeting Name: Tipon Silliman Convention
BREAKING NEWS (as of March 30, 2011)
All the rooms at the Westmark reserved for Tipon are all booked. However there are additional hotels that we have booked for “Silliman Tipon 2011” attendees at the following hotels:
Regency Hotel $159 per night plus 8% tax 1-907-459-2700
Marriott Springhill $159 per night plus 8% tax 1-800-314-0858
Alpine Lodge $139 per night plus 8% tax 1-800-455-8851
Use code “Silliman Tipon 2011” in making the reservations. Thanks!
Tipon 2011 Registration
You may go to the Tipon Sign-Up Page to register. To complete the registration process, you will have to write your check, payable to SUACONA, and mail to: Jocelyn G. Pajares, 53 Bowman Lane, Kings Park, NY 11754. You may download the Schedule of Fees by clicking on this link.
Tipon 2011 Activities
The Schedule of Activities can now be downloaded by clicking on this link. While this is the schedule approved by the Tipon Committee, some changes can be made when the situation calls for it.
To commemorate this event, we are producing a Souvenir Journal, which will not only be visually delightful but also substantive in its contents which, hopefully, the readers will enjoy keeping for many years to come. All the pages will be in vivid color.
We would like to invite you to support us by purchasing ad space in the souvenir journal. Click here to download journal information and ad contract.
What to wear
Temp is 80's even in the evening.
Here's the suggested attire:
1. semi formal for welcome night
2. formal for gala night
3. Sunday casual (?) for the sesisons
4. denims, shorts, shirts for sightseeing and picnic
5. sneakers for walking
For more information
This event is managed and directed by the Tipon Silliman Committee of SUACONA. Questions or requests for clarifications may be directed to either of the following: