Official Contest Rules & Regulations
By participating, you agree that:
These Official Rules govern the conduct of the raffle and are binding on everyone who purchases a raffle ticket and/or who is named on a raffle ticket. SUACONA/SUAA-NYNJ CHAPTER CAR RAFFLE is a fundraising activity in support of STUDENT CENTER PROJECT OF SILLIMAN UNIVERSITY, a leading Christian institution located in Dumaguete City, Philippines, committed to total human development for the well-being of society and environment. (website: www.su.edu.ph).
The grand prize drawing for the SUACONA/SUAA-NYNJ CHAPTER CAR RAFFLE. Car Raffle will be held on Monday, June 20, 2011 at approximately 9 p.m. at the Tipon-Silliman 2011 Gala Night, which will be held at the Westmark Hotel in Fairbanks, Alaska. Ticket requests will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. Sunday, June 19, 2011. Tickets may sell out before that time. The President of Silliman University, the SUACONA Chair, and the SUAA-NYNJ Chapter President will supervise all drawings. The drawings for prizes are open to the public, but the winner does not need to be present to win.
- The price per ticket is $100.00. A maximum of 1,000 tickets will be sold. Ticket sales will cease when that number of qualified entries is reached. Any requests and payments received following the cut off will be returned to the sender. The IRS position is that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions.
- If the car is chosen as the prize, the Grand Prize winner assumes and must pay all fees and charges (including, but not limited to, tags and license), local, state and federal taxes when the car is transferred to the winner. In addition, all costs of car ownership, such as (without limitation) insurance, are the Grand Prize winner's sole responsibility. SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER assumes no responsibility for a prize winner's tax obligations and suggests you consult your tax advisor. SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER will file a form 1099 with the Internal Revenue Service to report the value of the prize won. The winner will also receive a copy of this form. This offer is void where prohibited by law and all federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- By participating in this raffle, all ticket purchasers and everyone named on a raffle ticket accept and agree (1) to be bound by all the rules, limitations and restrictions set forth here and (2) that their names and/or likenesses may be disclosed to and used by the news media and may otherwise be used by SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER for publicity purposes and in lists of prize winners to be published in area newspapers or other media including television, radio, web and print. The list of prize winners will be published on the SUACONA website (www.suacona.com). A list of winners may be obtained by sending a written request plus a self-addressed, stamped envelope to SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER Car Raffle, 536 Clifton Avenue, Clifton, New Jersey 07011. SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER’s interpretation and application of the rules and regulations shall be final.
- By participating in this raffle, each participant releases SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, and each winner agrees to indemnify and hold SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from any and all losses, damages, costs, expenses, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the winner's acceptance or use of any prize.
ELIGIBILITY: Raffle ticket purchasers and the person named on a raffle ticket must be at least 18 years of age at the time of purchase. Raffle tickets may not be purchased in the name of a business, trust, corporation, or other entity, or wherever prohibited by applicable law. Prize winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility.
GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize winner is strongly advised to seek professional legal, tax advice. Award of the Grand Prize could have material adverse consequences on the Grand Prize winner including without limitation, with respect to taxes, income, government entitlements or other benefits, or other legal, financial or other matters. The Grand Prize is a 2011 Mercedes C300 (winner has the option to receive $35,000 cash instead). Depictions of the car shown in informational materials on the SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER Car Raffle website and elsewhere, including www.mbusa.com .
Second Prize: $5,000 cash
Third prize: $3,000 cash
Fourth prize: 4 prizes of $500 cash each
- In order for the Grand Prize winner to receive the car (subject to the other provisions in these rules), if not present at the drawing; the Grand Prize winner must elect to receive the car once drawn by delivering written notice of that election to SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER by 3:00 p.m. on (July 15, 2011). If SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER does not receive that notice, then the Grand Prize winner will be automatically and irrevocably deemed to have elected not to receive the car and an alternative recipient will be drawn.
- The car, when selected, will be transferred to the Grand Prize winner in "AS IS, WHERE IS" condition by SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER. SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER does not provide any guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied, in connection with the car. SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER accepts no liability or responsibility regarding the manufacturing or condition of the car. No warranties, express or implied, are made or offered by SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER.
CAR VALUE: The value of the 2010 Mercedes C300 is approximately $35,000. The Internal Revenue Service or the New York Tax Division will accept that value of the car or any other value for the purpose of determining any income tax that may be payable by the Grand Prize winner.
REFUNDS: All raffle ticket sales are final. No refunds will be made except under the following circumstances: any ticket request with verified payment received after 1,000 tickets have been sold or after 11:59 p.m. June 19, 2011 will be returned. No other refunds are available. SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered mail or fax messages, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines. A raffle participant's sole and exclusive remedy for SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER breach shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for his or her raffle ticket(s). In no event shall SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER or their respective directors, officers, employees, members, committee members, agents, contractors, advisors, or representatives be liable to any party for any loss or injuries to earnings, profits or goodwill, or for any incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages of any person or entity.
TICKETS: Tickets are $100.00 each and may be purchased solely from SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER. You may buy as many tickets as you wish, subject to availability, until all 1,000 are sold. A raffle ticket can be purchased in one name only. Each raffle ticket will be entered separately in the drawing. Each raffle ticket is a separate and equal chance to win the 2010 Mercedes C300. Any prize and related tax liability will belong to the person named on the ticket. Any raffle ticket request form that is deemed in SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER’s discretion to be defective or illegible will not be honored.
- You may send a request for a ticket with payment to SUACONA-SUAA/NYNJ CHAPTER 536 Clifton Avenue, Clifton, New Jersey, 07011, or by calling 973-754-9035, or by emailing email@example.com. Write your checks payable to: SUACONA. You may purchase as many available tickets as you wish. All sales transactions are final. No payments will be refunded except as noted above in "Refunds". If the check does not clear the bank, the ticket purchase is null and void and the purchaser will be notified of the problem. The next ticket order in line will be processed.
- When a raffle ticket order is placed and funds have cleared, SUACONA/SUAA-NYNJ CHAPTER will complete the raffle ticket for the purchaser by filling in the name, address and phone number of the purchaser. SUACONA/SUAA-NYNJ CHAPTER will then drop each completed raffle ticket in the safe deposit box of SUACONA/SUAA-NYNJ CHAPTER located at Clifton, New Jersey. The safe deposit box will be transported with utmost care to Fairbanks, Alaska one week before the drawing date. The purchaser will receive an email from SUACONA/SUAA-NYNJ CHAPTER confirming the ticket purchase and providing the ticket number(s) and their ticket portion will be forwarded via mail. The list of purchasers with the corresponding tickets numbers will also be published in our website: www.suacona.com.
DRAWINGS: SUACONA/SUAA-NYNJ CHAPTER will make reasonable efforts to contact the person named on a winning raffle ticket (who does not have to be present to win), using only the information on the winning raffle ticket request form. If, despite these efforts, the person named on a winning raffle ticket cannot be located within 30 calendar days after the drawing, or if any such person is ineligible under these rules or applicable law, then that person will not be awarded the prize. No other raffle ticket will be substituted for that raffle ticket and the prize will be retained by SUACONA/SUAA-NYNJ CHAPTER. Any prize that is not claimed within sixty (60) days after the drawing for that prize will not be awarded.
Grand Prize Drawing: The Grand Prize drawing will be held at approximately 9:00 p.m. Monday, June 20, 2011 at the Tipon-Silliman 2011 Gala Night at the Westmark Hotel in Fairbanks, Alaska. Winning tickets will be drawn at random from a drum containing all eligible raffle tickets.
TICKET AND PAYMENT VERIFICATION: SUACONA/SUAA-NYNJ CHAPTER reserves the right to reject any ticket request form that is submitted with payment that does not constitute "good funds". All defective or physically altered request forms are subject to disqualification at the discretion of SUACONA/SUAA-NYNJ CHAPTER. Prior to the Grand Prize drawing, SUACONA/SUAA-NYNJ CHAPTER will make a reasonable effort to notify any individual who submits such an entry form, or one which has been rejected because the credit card or check did not clear, that the entry has been rejected. All requests for tickets for the drawing must be received and/or purchased by the indicated deadline.
Grand Prize Winner: Winner notification will be made by telephone, mail and posted on the web page. The winner will need to provide proper identification to the satisfaction of SUACONA/SUAA-NYNJ CHAPTER. A representative SUACONA/SUAA-NYNJ CHAPTER will assist in coordinating all the details with the winner regarding the delivery, tags and registration of the 2011 Mercedes C300. Two successive alternate back up winners will be drawn, and the tickets held by SUACONA/SUAA-NYNJ CHAPTER but not announced in case the winner does not claim the prize by July 15, 2011 or is deemed otherwise ineligible. Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, photograph or videotape likeness and statements for publicity purposes by SUACONA/SUAA-NYNJ CHAPTER and agrees to sign a publicity release without any further compensation.
PRIZE AWARDS IN EVENT OF NON-SELLOUT OF TICKETS: A maximum of 1,000 tickets will be sold. A minimum of 750 tickets must be sold for the stipulated prizes to be awarded. If fewer than 750 tickets are sold by 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, June 14, 2011, the raffle will be held as scheduled on June 20, 2011 but the grand prize will be $15,000 cash and NOT the 2010 Mercedes C300. Second prize will be $2,000; Third prize will be $1,000; Fourth prize will be $500 (only one prize). SUACONA/SUAA-NYNJ CHAPTER reserves the right to cancel this raffle contest at any time, in which event liability is limited to the refund of the ticket price to all participants.